Data Controller: 4th Dimension Innovation Ltd, Unit 5 Alpha Way, Egham, Surrey TW20 8RZ
Data Processor: 4th Dimension Innovation Ltd, Unit 5 Alpha Way, Egham, Surrey TW20 8RZ (Where 4th Dimension Innovation Ltd handle claims on behalf of UK General they are defined as the Data Processor)
How we will use the information you give us.
We will only use your information on the basis that it is necessary to administer your insurance contract, help you make a claim or provide services in relation to your claim. Where we need to pass information to other firms, it will only be for that purpose. These firms will be insurers, brokers, solicitors, recovery agents, engineers and any other companies assisting with the claim.
When we contact you, it will be for the above reason only. If we need to obtain information which is by nature sensitive, we will only do so on the basis that it is in the public interest – for example to fight crime, prevent fraud or to make sure insurance is available.
What type of personal information do we need?
- We may need personal details which will include your name, address, email address, phone number, bank details and vehicle registration.
- We will only collect what is necessary and will only keep it for as long as we are required to do in line with our data retention policy.
What other types of information do we need?
- Under certain circumstances we may also need to obtain information about Health or Gender.
- We might also need details of previous claims history and criminal convictions.
- We will only collect what is necessary and protect it with appropriate security measures.
What are my legal rights?
- You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk, Tel 0303 123 1113.
- You can obtain a copy of your personal information from us without charge by contacting us either in writing or verbally using the following contact details (By Post: 4th Dimension Innovation Ltd, Unit 5 Alpha Way,Egham, Surrey, TW20 8RZ. By Email: email@example.com By Phone: 0330 880 3400) This may include the right to transfer information to other providers.
- You have the right to ask us to correct information.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your information or stop using it unless it is necessary for us to retain it for insurance or financial purposes as set out in our document retention policy.
- You may have the right to object if decisions about you are made solely by a computer.